Bring Lent to Life at Home
Strengthen our domestic church and stay connected with our sisters and brothers around the world through traditional Lenten practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving with your family at home. Use these resources throughout the 40-day journey and learn how you can help those most in need. Be sure to share your Lenten journey with us on your social media channels by using #CRSRiceBowl.
- If you don’t have a CRS Rice Bowl, print the DIY Rice Bowl label and adhere it to a container.
- Use the Lenten calendar each day to practice the Lenten pillars of prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
- Travel around the world from your family room: read and watch the Stories of Hope and reflect with your family on how you can help those in Guatemala, Bangladesh and Rwanda.
- Prepare simple meatless meals each Friday and explore other cultures from your kitchen.
- Put your Lenten sacrifices into your CRS Rice Bowl.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross using our booklet or by watching our videos.
- Give your CRS Rice Bowl donation online and make a difference in the lives of people in your local community and around the world!
Need More Family Resources?
Reflect on what it means to practice mercy during Lent in the video below.