About CRS Rice Bowl
Each Lent, the Church calls us into a season of spiritual renewal and reflection. Let CRS Rice Bowl inspire you in this journey! CRS Rice Bowl is the Lenten program of Catholic Relief Services, the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
Since 1975, Catholics have been using CRS Rice Bowl to meditate on the love Jesus Christ demonstrates in His Passion and Resurrection and to imitate Jesus’ love for the world through concrete, sacrificial giving to our brothers and sisters in need.
CRS Rice Bowl asks us to:
- Pray to deepen our relationship with God and reflect on what type of person He calls us to be.
- Fast to remove the things that get between us and God and to live in solidarity with those in need.
- Give alms to our brothers and sisters in need, honoring Jesus’ call to serve our neighbors.
Learn more about How to Practice Lent.
- CRS’ programs reach more than 100 million people worldwide.
- 13,405 parishes and schools participated in CRS Rice Bowl in 2013.
- Since 1975, Catholics have contributed more than $228 million to their Rice Bowls to help the world’s poor.
Interested in bringing CRS Rice Bowl to your community?
Check with your parish or school and tell them that you want CRS Rice Bowl to be a part of your community’s Lenten observances. Parishes and schools may order CRS Rice Bowl materials free of charge online or by calling 1-800-222-0025.
Look through our website to find resources that will help bring Lent to life in your parish, school, religious education program, youth ministry program or other faith formation group!
When you give to CRS Rice Bowl…
- 75 percent of your donations support CRS’ humanitarian relief programs in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
- 25 percent of your donations go to hunger and poverty alleviation efforts in your own community.