Diocesan offices play a pivotal role in the success of CRS Rice Bowl around the country. To that end, CRS offers several resources to help diocesan teams succeed in implementing CRS Rice Bowl in their parishes, schools and faith communities. And don’t forget to check out our Lenten resources for the Year of Mercy!
The Basics: Only have a few minutes? Here’s what you need to know.
- This is what’s new with CRS Rice Bowl this year.
- And here’s a Planning Timeline to help map out the season.
Going Deeper: We develop newsletters and webinars just for diocesan teams. Take a look.
- Our most recent CRS Rice Bowl Newsletter.
- Our 2016 Webinar Schedule — and a way to sign up to watch them!
Coordinating Throughout the Diocese: Need a hand getting the program off the ground? Here you go.
- Adapt this welcome letter to parishes (also in Spanish) — and check out our Parish Page.
- Adapt this welcome letter to schools (also in Spanish) — and check out our Educator Page.
- Adapt this Bishop’s Endorsement Letter to inspire your entire diocese this Lent. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Share these Photo Resources on your diocesan webpage, in yours newsletter and across social media channels. And check out our Social Media Kit to help you engage your followers this Lent!
Answering Questions: You’ve got questions; we’ve got answers (hopefully).
- Can I order more materials for communities in my diocese? Yes! You can order materials all the way to Easter Sunday. Just go to our order page: crsricebowl.org/order.
- How do I explain to parishes why the CRS Collection and CRS Rice Bowl both take place during Lent? This will explain.
- How do I collect and submit CRS Rice Bowl donations? Here’s your answer.
- Is there an envelope template for parishes that want one? Yes.
- How do I use the local 25% of CRS Rice Bowl funds? This will explain.
- Where do I get a CRS Rice Bowl transmittal form for this year? We have a new form every year. After Lent, we’ll contact every diocesan office with more information.
Other questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Big Thank You: Don’t forget to thank your communities!
- Adapt this Bishop’s Thank You Letter to send to all parishes, schools and faith communities that participated. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Give out this Certificate of Appreciation to show your gratitude to those communities that brought Lent to life. (Also available in Spanish.)
|CRS Rice Bowl: Are YOU READY?||Diocesan Staff & CRS Rice Bowl Coordinators|
|Best Practices to Start Lent||CRS Rice Bowl Coordinators, Parish Ambassadors|
|Plato de Arroz de CRS||Coordinadores del Ministerio Pastoral|
|Lent & the Environment||Parish & School Leaders|
|CRS Rice Bowl & Elementary School Education*||Elementary School Teachers|
*This webinar was conducted for the Archdiocese of Boston’s Catholic Schools Office, though is applicable generally to all Catholic elementary schools. You will need to sign-in to view this webinar, as it is supported by a different webinar platform than our other webinars.
2016 CRS Rice Bowl Transmittal Form & Process
For 2016, the CRS Rice Bowl team is initiating a new, easier-to-use system to monitor transmittal forms. Simply head on over to our online form, fill out your information and hit submit. That’s all there is to it! You will instantly receive a receipt via email detailing the information you provided. There is no longer any need to print and send the forms — simply use our online system, and then look for your 25% return in late October 2016.