Find out what it means to Encounter Lent with these theological and scriptural reflections.
Diocesan offices play a pivotal role in the success of CRS Rice Bowl around the country. To that end, CRS offers several CRS Rice Bowl resources for dioceses to help diocesan teams succeed in implementing CRS Rice Bowl in their parishes, schools and faith communities.
The Basics: Only have a few minutes? Here’s what you need to know.
- This is what’s new with CRS Rice Bowl this year (also in Spanish).
- And here’s a Planning Timeline to help map out the season.
Going Deeper: We develop newsletters and webinars just for diocesan teams. Take a look.
- Read our most recent CRS Rice Bowl Newsletter.
- For Dioceses that are hosting the CRS Rice Bowl Speaker Tour, check out these resources.
Coordinating Throughout the Diocese: Need a hand getting the program off the ground? Here you go.
- Adapt this welcome letter to parishes (also in Spanish) — and check out our Parish Page.
- Adapt this welcome letter to schools (also in Spanish) — and check out our Educator Page.
- Adapt this Bishop’s Endorsement Letter to inspire your entire diocese this Lent. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Share these photos, logos and other pieces of art on your diocesan webpage, in yours newsletter and across social media channels. And check out our Social Media Kit to help you engage your followers this Lent!
- Want to place an ad in your diocesan paper or newsletter? Contact Stevie Coppola (Stephanie.email@example.com) to get these ready-made ads sized to your specific needs. (English & Spanish)
And, consider inviting a CRS Global Fellow — a priest or deacon who has been trained by CRS — to speak at parishes or schools throughout your diocese about global solidarity!
Questions on Ordering Resources and Collecting Funds
- Can I order more materials for communities in my diocese? Yes! You can order materials all the way to Easter Sunday. Just go to our order page: crsricebowl.org/order.
- How do I explain to parishes why the CRS Collection and CRS Rice Bowl both take place during Lent? This will explain.
- How do I collect and submit CRS Rice Bowl donations? Here’s your answer.
- Is there an envelope template for parishes that want one? Yes.
- How do I use the local 25% of CRS Rice Bowl funds? This will explain.
- Where do I get a CRS Rice Bowl revenue reporting form for this year? The CRS Rice Bowl revenue reporting (previously, transmittal) form is now available solely online and can be found here. Scroll to the bottom of this page to learn more.
Other questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You Resources
- Adapt this Bishop’s Thank You Letter to send to all parishes, schools and faith communities that participated. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Give out this Certificate of Appreciation to show your gratitude to those communities that brought Lent to life. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Place a thank you ad in your diocesan paper or newsletter. Contact Stevie Coppola (Stephanie.email@example.com) to get this ready-made ad sized to your specific needs. (English & Spanish)
You may even consider showing and sharing this video of gratitude.
|Encounter Lent||General Audience|
|Submitting the Revenue Reporting Form||Diocesan Staff|
|Administering the 25% (2016)||Diocesan Leaders|
|CRS Rice Bowl & Catholic Educators*||Educators, Catechists|
*This webinar was conducted for the Archdiocese of Boston’s Catholic Schools Office, though is applicable generally to all Catholic schools. You will need to sign-in to view this webinar, as it is supported by a different webinar platform than our other webinars.
2017 CRS Rice Bowl Revenue Reporting Form & Process (for diocesan offices only)
Simply head on over to our online form, fill out your information and hit submit. That’s all there is to it! You will instantly receive a receipt via email detailing the information you provided. There is no longer any need to print and send the forms — simply use our online system, and then look for your 25% return in late October 2017. Previously, this form was known as the CRS Rice Bowl Transmittal Form.
And, please consult our stewardship policy document for an overview of how donations are processed.